AIGA Saint Louis acknowledges that our youth is the future of design.
Through AIGA, students can be involved in the local design community and have access to invaluable resources and opportunities that can help smooth the transition between student to professional.
- Participate in the annual AIGA Saint Louis Student Design Conference and Portfolio Review
- Attend design relevant workshops, studio tours, and seminars
- Enter to showcase your work in the annual AIGA Saint Louis Design Show and other design exhibitions
- Network with professionals and students from other colleges
- Participate actively in your college’s student group
- Gain exposure by posting your portfolio in the AIGA Member Gallery
- Find jobs and internships in AIGA Design Jobs
- Access exclusive member benefits
AIGA Saint Louis is especially proud of our annual AIGA Saint Louis Student Design Conference. The all-day event is hosted at a local university and has grown to around 150 junior- and senior-level students regional colleges and universities (once MO and IL focused, past two years has have attendees from Arkansas, Kansas, Ohio). Highlights of the conference include keynote talks by nationally known designers, portfolio reviews with area professionals for 100 senior-level students and various breakout sessions that touch on topics from brainstorming, resume reviews, Young Professional Roundtables, and other ways to engage with design beyond the traditional sense (e.g. Brain Drain’s workshop on creativity and the community at large). It is the chapter’s signature event for students and receives great participation.
Studio Tours and more
In addition to the student conference, we organize studio tours on a monthly basis to give students an opportunity to meet professionals and get a behind-the-scenes look at the design work being produced in the region. AIGA Saint Louis also hosts several social events to help connect students to the design community. There are five student groups in the immediate area and all are actively involved within their groups to bring in speakers, provide outreach to the community or volunteer at other AIGA Saint Louis events.